Thursday, March 22, 2012

I've Finally Figured Out What This Blog Is For

It's been a long time. I haven't really had much to post, though! I've been going full steam on my comic, Precious Metal, and essentially everything else has been fanart or little doodles or development art for PM. Those aren't the sorts of things I usually think of as being great art-blog material. (I mean, "art" is in the name!) Of course, it's taken me a long time to figure out what to do with my other accounts, too. On tumblr, I didn't have any idea what I was doing, but then I discovered I could use it to post previews when I'd done a new page. I have a twitter, which I'll probably use for the same thing, but I also use it to rant. I have a deviantArt account, but it's for every piece of art I get on my computer, essentially. So I was confused about this blog.

Now I think I got it!

At work, I usually draw 7-12 pictures, some good some bad. Since my work makes up a large part of the drawings I have on the computer, I started posting one drawing a day from work on dA. However, this was disjointed, and it's hard to keep track of the date there.

So, from this day forth, this is my work-drawings blog. I may occasionally post a word-splurge about some ideas I've been having, but I think these will be few and far between.

I'm looking forward to making this Drawing of the Day thing work! Hope you enjoy it, too!

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I had almost given up on seeing stuff in this my favorite venue of yours. Now I can check it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooway!
    Yeah, I hate when people just...stop updating. Without even giving a reason. Hypocritical, ain't it? Anyhoo, I'm just going to do this and pretend like I wasn't an irresponsible person. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh...that's kind of exactly what I did, too. Though I've recently added a bit of fresh havering. We can be each other's support group, or something.

      Very cool!

      Delete
    2. I saw those haverings. I must say I enjoyed them much.

      Delete